Wednesday, August 14, 2019

In Bloom (Kaia)

It's very loud right from the start of the song, then it becomes quieter later in the song.  I think that this song feels a bit less random than 'Smells Like Teen Spirit' but the verses aren't completely connected to the chorus in my eyes. The chorus is about a man but the verses are not.  Speaking of that, it seems like the song is about that man instead of Kurt or the rest of the band. Also, this song is one of the longer ones (out of the 3) that I've heard, and I think this is because most of this song is the chorus 9verses are shorter and the chorus' are repeated more often.

I feel that the way that it's quieter in the verses and louder in the chorus and at the start gives a good contrast within the song. I also feel like all the songs (3) that I've listened to are similar yet pretty different in specific ways (it's similar to strumming patterns/tempo/beats). And lastly, I feel like what he's saying is structured perverse but doesn't really connect to the other verses or chorus' in my mind (I mentioned earlier). And, I wonder why this song has the same title as the non-nevermind version? Also, who is the man he is talking/singing about?

Here are my visual notes:


1 comment:

  1. I love your drawings, especially the one of Kurt. Also the apple and the clouds. Can you write more about what you think they might mean or symbolize?

    Interesting that you are making so may observations about the structure of the songs.(In terms of tempo, length etc...) Why are these details important to you?

    What would happen if you took a line like this...."It's very loud right from the start of the song, then it becomes quieter later in the song. " and asked So What? What does the opening do? Why do they shift from loud to soft so often?

    Also you mentioned this song is less "random" What does that mean? What makes it less random?

    Keep up the great work.

    ReplyDelete