Friday, August 30, 2019

Eleanor and Park - Initial thinking (blurb + first couple chapters) - Notes to Blog

Blurb:
The blurb isn't what I normally see on a book. I'm not really sure what to think but I'm excited to read this book!

Writing:
I've been noticing that Park seems pretty unsocial, he has friends (or a friend) but he doesn't really talk to them that much as far as the book says. When Eleanor comes along I think he kind of forgets that a little, he talks to her more than his other friend(s) and I think she helps him get out of his 'shell'. However, he did judge Eleanor quite a bit at the start like when he thought "she dressed like... like she wanted people to look at her" on page 8, but he started to warm up to her when she reads his comics and listens to his music. Cal, Parks' friend seems pretty nice but kind of arrogant like on page 30 when he says "screw that, I'm starting at the top". I also think that Tina is just blatantly rude and mean, on so many levels and pages. I'm not really sure why though, is she just a mean person or is something going on at home. 

No comments:

Post a Comment